Lands Asunder
Please Login!

The username should be the same as the wiki username.

Thanks!

Administration
http://www.landsasunder.pbwiki.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Lands Asunder
Please Login!

The username should be the same as the wiki username.

Thanks!

Administration
http://www.landsasunder.pbwiki.com
Lands Asunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lands Asunder

White Wolf Exalted v 2.0 RPG set in An-Teng

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Call For Help!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Call For Help! Empty A Call For Help! Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 am

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

Alright this is your beloved Admin seeking help.

I've been basically fleshing out An-Teng more than White Wolf thought was possible, to liven up the place and to make it more rich and more of a joy to RP in. However, I'm pretty tapped out of ideas for new places of interest.

If you have any submissions, this is the thread to post them in. Whether it be a simple bath house or a beautiful piece of scenery, I would appreciate the help

Thanks first to Jonathan for letting me rape some of his material to fit in to the City of Dead Flowers.

https://landsasunder.rpg-board.net

2A Call For Help! Empty Help Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 am

ShadowOfKnives

Greeting I heard this chat from a friend. If need of help a friend and I have alot of info we wished to use for a chat. We wanted to run. Whatever info we can give Id love to get give some ideas. It would have been set near the area of an teng.

3A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 am

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

You're more than welcome to throw it up on the forum, see what we can do with it.
If we decide to use any of it I'll be sure to give you credit Smile

Always looking for new and interesting locations and NPCs and organizations to help colour the world of An Teng!

4A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 am

Jaigen

Story Teller
Story Teller

I may be new here, having registered only a few hours ago, but I've been reading up on the forums lately. I'm the friend ShadowOfKnives mentioned, which I must thank him for.

Years ago, a group of our friends got together and worked out a setting. We had planned for a chat, to be set in the Southwest stretching from The Thousand Mountain Range to the Volcanic Islands near the end of the map. Now, the group fell apart yet we still have the setting information. I believe we were able to map out about 95 - 97% of the chat setting, from the venues, cities and even the myths of the region. It was more than what was provided by in the books, though the setting information had been written for 1st Edition Exalted. It can be tweaked to follow 2nd Edition rules. I would have asked if you wanted it to be posted, but Zantedeschia's post confirms it. I'll have to dig through my harddrive to find each of the files, and will post them afterwards for review. Any feedback, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Jaigen on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

5A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:52 am

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

Absolutely. Keep in mind, if you wanted to use your setting information and still run your own setting you're more than welcome to run it as a side game here, or a parallel game. I don't have a lot of staff, and I don't want to extend the reach of this chat too far (otherwise no PCs would ever really meet each other, trying to hammer out the time and travel time issues).

Or, if you're not up for that kind of thing, and you'd rather just have me dissect it, I would love to flesh out An Teng with more "life" - shops, places of interest, etc.

6A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Jaigen

Story Teller
Story Teller

Admin wrote:Absolutely. Keep in mind, if you wanted to use your setting information and still run your own setting you're more than welcome to run it as a side game here, or a parallel game. I don't have a lot of staff, and I don't want to extend the reach of this chat too far (otherwise no PCs would ever really meet each other, trying to hammer out the time and travel time issues).

Or, if you're not up for that kind of thing, and you'd rather just have me dissect it, I would love to flesh out An Teng with more "life" - shops, places of interest, etc.

I appreciate that, and thank you. I've run table top Exalted games lately, and have been an ST on an Exalted chat in the last six months. Originally, I had sought to be the Head Dragonblooded ST and ShadowOfKnifes had sought to be the DragonKing/Solar ST on the chat we had planned to run, among the myriad of other staff which when the group fell apart the interest in running the chat dropped off. I'm not sure what would be the best option right now, as you said to either run it as a side or parallel game or to have you and your staff dissect the setting information. I think perhaps if I went ahead and posted the setting information, we could come to a better realization.

I'm still searching for all the files of the chat setting, but we did create our own character creation rules. They're probably inline with those here at Lands Asunder, save for some few differences such as background requirements. I'll post the information when I can find each of the files.

I'll post the setting information in another thread, for the sake of brevity. If you want to merge it later, feel free to.

You mentioned you had a fairly small staff, and thanks to my friend ShadowOfKnives, I thought I'd ask if I could volunteer to be on the staff in the function of the Dragonblooded ST or a Dragonblooded ST? I know I've only recently joined the forums, but I've read over the setting, creation rules and the other myriad of information for Lands Asunder. I do have experience in running Exalted games albeit 1st Edition table top and was the Lunar ST on Age of Exalted (had a bad falling out) for 2nd Edition. I learned a few things of 2nd Edition from that chat, and have become more exposed to 2nd Edition through several table top games. I first started playing Exalted, with a group including ShadowOfKnives back in 2001 when White-wolf first released 1st Edition, but took a break when 2nd Edition was released. I've slowly started becoming more involved in that Edition, though I do prefer 1st Edition still at least for table top games. I suppose everyone has their preferences. Before that, my experiences range from AD&D, D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, Old WoD (Vampire, Werewolf, Hunter, Demon). My strongest venues are in the Dynasts although I know the Dragonblooded Venue overall, the Abyssals, and the Alchemicals. I know parts of the Sidereals, Infernals, Fairfolk, and some of the other types (Godbloods and the like).

7A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 am

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

I think I may actually already know you Smile

Lets talk about you joining the staff, do you have skype?
I think, to join the staff it's a requirement, as our group chats are sent to everyone even if you're offline! Find me at vanillex

Always looking for staff! Smile

8A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:51 am

Jaigen

Story Teller
Story Teller

I have Skype, but I need to log in to use it. I should be on momentarily. My Skype username is marekmarek

9A Call For Help! Empty Hi Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 am

ShadowOfKnives

Well I would like to offer my service as an st for solars and dragon kings i love them and have million ideas.

10A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

Skype me, we shall talk Smile

11A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 pm

ShadowOfKnives

Wb glad you have net back. When you get the chance I would like to talk. About joining up as an st.

12A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

Thank you, and contact me via skype so we can talk! Smile vanillex

13A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Atrus

Hi, I'd like to volunteer as a PST, I'm only really familiar with Solars, but I'd be glad to expand what I can run to put some scenes on.

Unfortunatley, I don't have access to Skype.

14A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Admin

Agent Provocateur
Agent Provocateur

Welcome to the forums Atrus!

Since you don't have Skype, I will wait until the actual chat is operational to interview you. Once we're up and running with the proper chat, feel free to PM me anytime!

15A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Jaigen

Story Teller
Story Teller

Welcome aboard, Atrus.

16A Call For Help! Empty Re: A Call For Help! Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Atrus

Excellent, I shall do so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: